Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Teamplay Citybuilder? 7 years 2 months ago #2258

I know I posted this a couple of months ago, but l'll repost it for fun :lol:

My idea is: Players can invite each other in the Forums and start Companies with multiple people. And if there is about 2 full teams, the Time Limit will start and the people within those Teams will have to help each other to Build a city from 500 Citizens (Like in the CityBuilder servers) to something like 10,000. And if the Teams cannot make a town to grow into a City with 10,00 Citizens. The team with the biggest city, wins and gets points. With the same plugin as the CityBuilder servers have, just with a time limitation and teams. The though behind this is to Promote teamwork between different people. If there is possible it would be nice to see a Money cap, the idea behind that is that Players can go afk, also; more and more needs the city gets the harder it will be to fullfill them. Possibly a afk time limit, something like 5 minutes or so; also players may request a game pause if they have to to go the Bathroom or something like that so that the teams can lay a plan. Since this is just an idea with a simple concept; to promote teamwork; and more tactical gameplay.
This souded like a Good Idea in Theory so I figured to post this :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Teamplay Citybuilder? 7 years 2 months ago #2259

First of all I would like to reply that I do like the concept of a time-limited server. Not to replace the goal-servers, but to complement. I think I would enjoy playing a CityBuilder with no goal-limit, but with a time-limit, like they have at Nova, but then with the CB script that is being used here.

For the rest of your post, I'd like to direct you to this topic ( openttd.btpro.nl/index.php/forum/28-tour...etition-show-matches ), besides the time-based game, I think it pretty much covers what you're looking for. And maybe a time-based game is possible here, although I don't have any knowledge of the script and if it is actually possible in the current script.

The stuff with the afk limits and the breaks is pretty complicated, but I suppose that a break might be possible if there's a server admin available that has the access to do that.

Anyway, I think your idea is close to that one. Teamplay is possible on the regular servers too ofcourse, and is also allowed in our monthly exhibition match.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Teamplay Citybuilder? 7 years 2 months ago #2262

I will check if i can implement a timed game soon. My next project ;-)

Keep you posted!
  • Frank
  • BTPro Administrator
  • BTPro Administrator
  • Thank you received: 271

Teamplay Citybuilder? 7 years 2 months ago #2278

Frank donĀ“t forget the feature to download save files with game number B)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Teamplay Citybuilder? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.